Joints form the connections between bones; by providing support and ease of movement. Any damage to the joints can impair movement and in fact cause severe pain which can become chronic if left unattended to.
Pain to your joints can take so many forms and affect literally any part of the body from your shoulders to the knees, hips and even your waist. Many conditions can lead to painful joints, including Osteoporosis, Arthritis, Bursitis, Gout, Strains, Sprains, and other factors such as stress, inflammation and heavy weight lifting activities which put pressure on the joints or bones.
Like many other illnesses, a joint pain can be treated or managed from the comfort of your home without it necessarily leading to a trip to a hospital especially when it’s mild, however, severe joint pain would require professional help. Often times it comes as a sharp and uncomfortable pain around a certain region in the body which makes it easier to channel efforts to the affected area.
Below are 10 Natural Remedies For Joint Pain;
- Stay Fit; Have a daily exercise routine to help keep you in shape, improve mobility and prevent future occurrences.
- Consume foods rich in Calcium and please get some Vitamin D (luckily this vitamin is activated with adequate exposure to the Sun) Vitamin D also ensures that the calcium gotten is properly absorbed and utilized by the body.
- Sleep; Stop straining your muscles and bones, stress can largely be a risk factor for joint pain which is why you need to get adequate sleep to allow the body relax and regain lost strength, so the sooner you can catch some sleep the quicker it is for you to get relief.
- Sign up To a Swimming Class; Who doesn’t love a good swim! Not many people know this but swimming is one of the best exercises for anyone looking to achieve a full body workout. Not only does it require you to use every part of your body, it helps regulate the functioning of the nerves and muscles thereby relieving pain.
- Adopt A Healthy Posture: habits such as slouching could be the reason you are experiencing that excruciating back pain. Sit up!
- Avoid Excessive Sitting: Too much of anything is bad, sitting included. It is important that even at your office(for those with white collar jobs) you take some time off to stretch your body after sitting for long intervals.
- Try Getting a Full Body Massage; Never underestimate the power of a good massage session, it will change your life and of course relieve you of that pain.
- In the case of a joint inflammation, an injury related inflammation can be managed at home with anti-inflammatory medicines which can help numb the pain such as ibuprofen. Also an Ice pack can come in handy when placed on affected area.
- Cut down on the sugary drinks, beverages and all things sugary.
- Exercise Responsibly; There is absolutely no reason why you should be indulging in overzealous workout sessions that clearly put so much strain on your bones and muscles. Remember some damages can be permanent.
Follow through with these simple remedies and say bye to frequent joint pain!